One of the topics I've been working on lately is finances...and saving money. I got a book through inter-library loan to read. I thought it was OK.
It was Suddenly Frugal: How to Live Happier and Healthier for Less by Leah Ingram. I don't know that I learned much that was new as a lot of her ideas are already incorporated into my life (one of her ideas was not to buy books but use the library and you can even do inter-library loans!). However, it serves as a reminder to me to be careful with my money.
She did have a section on gardening that gave me an idea that I might use in next month's gardening class. It's called lasagna gardening...you layer newspaper, clippings, compost, clippings, compost to get a good gardening area.
Anyway, she did have a bunch of websites to visit, some of which I'd never heard of before. Here are some of the sites I'm interested in taking a look at:
redbox.com
hulu.com (my kids have done this, but I haven't)
platoscloset.com
paperbackswap.com (I have a friend that uses this site)
swaptree.com
booksin.com
citiesonthecheap.com
edmunds.com for info on buying cars
laurenfix.com for car tips for upkeep
earth911.org where you can fin recylcing places for things like compact fluorescent bulbs (I was hoping to find a place to recycle single use batteries as you aren't supposed to put them in landfills, but even Reno doesn't seem to have a place to recycle those much less Fallon...I guess they're going in the landfill?)
homeimprovementclub.com and lowes.com for finding schedules of their free classes
fabandfru.com
freecycle.com
reno.craigslist.org (I have never checked it out)
zwaggle.com
bankrate.com
No comments:
Post a Comment