Monday, April 23, 2012

menu ideas

So last month was the first time I planned a whole month's worth of menus (I have done weekly menus before, but usually I just flew by the seat of my pants). I did that so when I went to WinCo in Reno I would have what I needed for the month and not have to pay higher prices here if I were missing an ingredient (though I did plan on getting a few things at WalMart during the month). It worked fairly well, so I just did it again the other day. While planning, though, I realized having a chart might help me, so I developed one.

I usually have something with rice on Mondays, potatoes for Tuesday, Pasta for Wednesdays, Beans for Thursdays, and grains for Fridays. I found most maindishes got served with the same side (e.g. meatloaf needs potatoes), and some items (pilaf and stir-fry) could be in 2 columns.

I decided I need a soup list--and maybe a sandwich list, too, but I haven't developed that yet. But this is what I have at this point, and I think I will really like using it.



Rice
Potatoes
Pasta
Beans
Grains
Beef
Cabbage rolls
Baked chimichangas
Meatloaf muffins
Hamburgers & fries
Hotdogs & fries
SOS
Stew
Shepherd’s pie
Roast

Spaghetti & meatballs
Swedish meatballs
Stroganoff

Chili
Franks and beans
Chili dogs
Hamburgers & beans
Taco salad
Tacos
Fajitas
Corndogs

Chicken
Pilaf
Stir-fry
Sweet and sour thighs
Fragrant Indian butter
Orange chicken
Hawaiian haystacks
Teriyaki chicken
Chicken fingers
Barbecues chicken
Chicken fingers
Barbecued chicken
Pilaf
Stir-fry (with ramen)
Mediterranean pasta
Chinese chicken salad
Ranch noodles
White chicken chili
Baked creamy taquitos
Chicken and dumplings
Pot pie
Chicken pockets
Sour cream enchiladas
Café Rio
Fajitas
Chicken sopa
Chicken and stuffing

Eggs

Breakfast
Spanish tortilla


Breakfast
Quiche

Pork
Pork fried rice
Sweet and sour pork
Potstickers

Ham & yummy pot.
Stew
Roast



Pulled pork
Stromboli

Misc
Red beans and rice
Tilapia
Baked potato bar
Pierogis
Potato soup
Ñoquis
Pierogis
Ravioli/casserole
Lasagna
Fettuccini
Macaroni & cheese

Red beans and rice
Kielbasa & bean soup
Burritos

Polenta
Pizza
Sandwiches
Nachos
Quesadillas
Eggplant parmesan

1 comment: