Sunday, July 7, 2013

notes from book about Eve

I recently read a book Eve and the Choice Made in the Garden of Eden by Beverly Campbell. I had borrowed the book, so I couldn't underline things as I usually do.There were 3 quotes I liked enough to make the effort to write down:

p 81

Might there be a symbolic parallel between the two Gardens in which death was the only real choice if souls were to be saved? Eden, where life was inaugurated into mortality; Gethsemane, where the Atonement and the Resurrection made immortality possible.

p 118

Elder Maxwell reminded us, "The only real veneration of Jesus is emulations of Him. Indeed striving to become like Him is a special way of bearing and sharing our testimony of Him."

p 136

C. S. Lewis "The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers...exist for one purpose only--and that is to support this ultimate career."

No comments:

Post a Comment