Thursday, April 2, 2015

losing weight

I try to go to zumba 3 times a week. Sometimes I only make it twice and every once in a while only once a week. I've been going to zumba since last June.


I had started the new year at 170 pounds and I had been at that weight since about September after losing about 20 pounds over the summer. I was very slowly losing weight and was down to 165 at the beginning of March. I stayed there for 3 weeks.

About 2-3 weeks ago, Glen and I started walking during lunch. I haven't counted how many times I've walked lately, but I am exercising more than I had been.

Then on March 22nd, I stopped eating treats for a family challenge.

In the following 10 days since I stopped eating treats, I have lost 5 pounds. So 2 months to lose 5 pounds and then only 10 days to lose the next 5.

I am currently flirting with breaking down into the 150s. I have not been in the 150s since maybe Eric was a baby 23 years ago. There have been 2 times I've come close, but never got out of the 160s. I'm a bit afraid that I won't be able to do it again.

As for what I eat, I am following my rules of eating when I want but making sure it is healthy. I don't count calories or fat grams or anything. I just try to eat fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. It's been working for me.

My cholesterol is down 25 points. I need to bring it down another 50. My triglycerides went from 429 to 130. I'm feeling pretty good. I had my blood tested before I stopped eating treats. I am interested in what my numbers are now. I'll have to have my blood tested again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment