Monday, March 7, 2011

more family research and Andrew's fall plans

So, once again I've been contacted by an unknown cousin...or at least we're pretty sure we're cousins. There's no direct proof, but a lot of circumstantial evidence and this is on one of my brick walls, Mary Elizabeth Pinner Russ.

The only piece that doesn't fit is that somewhere it was written down that her mother's name was Hannah, but according to cousin Mark, her mother's name was Mary Rourke. Since I don't know who said her mother's name was Hannah to begin with it's not too big of a hiccup...especially since Mark has some family stories that look like they link my my great-great grandmother and his 3rd great grandfather.

Meanwhile we are working on getting Andrew set up for BYU in the fall...Adam came up with the idea of rooming together, but when I called today all the spots were gone. Apparently Fall housing is filling up fast. I am now tracking down the family of a previous companion of Andrew's, but I'm doubting that will work out either (I'm feeling a little negative at the moment...not being able to have Adam, Alicia, and Andrew in the same ward has me feeling a little depressed).

At least Andrew's mission president told the missionaries they can get online and register for their classes, so I won't have to do that. I have a friend whose daughter's mission president didn't want the missionaries to deal with that...so my friend had to make all the arrangements and hoped her daughter liked what she chose (and she did).

I need chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment