OK, I did all that research on foods...now I have to do a better job at avoiding certain foods...I usually do just fine at eating what I should, but not so good at not eating what I shouldn't. And of course, I need to exercise.
And what is now occupying my thoughts? Family History. Signed up for ancestry.com again. I signed Glen up last summer as his birthday present...and neither of us had the time spend doing research. I decided summer just isn't a good time. So I signed up again and I spent yesterday (since Glen and most of the kids were gone and/or occupied with other things the whole day) on the computer researching.
What I learned is to check both of these sites (some of the info was the same, but sometimes I found stuff on one that wasn't on the other):
http://www.familysearch.org (free site)
http://www.ancestry.com (paid subscription)
There is a problem with the pilot family search...I can only access the first page of the info as if there is a link to go to the next page of data it is down below the edge of my computer screen and I can't access it...and I have tried netscape, explorer, google chrome, and firefox and can't get it to fit my screen. However, if my searching terms are tight enough, I still get enough info from the first page to make it worth my while.
I have decided that, for now, instead of extending my direct line that I would work on filling in cousins. I started with the Riddlebaughs and will move on to the Eteaus and Mominees. Working with the more unusual names is the way to go for this as almost everyone I find should fit in somewhere...if I can just figure out where.
Then I need to post my databases somewhere. I already have the one I posted last summer on ancestry.com and then I have a cousin using geni.com. I haven't really decided-- I just know I need to/want to. I'm afraid my computer will crash and I'll lose what I have. I know I need to back up what I have, and I will, but I want others to be able to access it all, too.
There is new.familysearch.org for church members and I'm guessing I'll do that too, but I find it a bit frustrating to work with...it is slow and adding names can be a royal pain.
For today, I plan on backing up my files and trying to decide where to post the info I have.
Mominees! I LOVE that name! I call family history my spiritual addiction! I am getting the bug a little bit. I think because most of my temple work is done for the last batch I found. Anyhow, good luck!
ReplyDelete