I have everything organized (functional but not necessarily perfect) except the back closet (which won't take much) and the big pantry (7' x 20') which will take A LOT. My back has been iffy, so I may not be ready to do the major rearranging, but I should at least get some done.
I made up my list of summer projects. There are several lists. One category, at least, is dependent on money. I have been saving most of the money from my subbing jobs this semester, so I have my budget--but I haven't priced anything and don't have a realistic idea of what things will cost. So, depending on the cost, of course, will depend on what will get done...and if my dear hubby agrees with me on what needs to be done.
SMALLER PROJECTS (projects that don't take too much time or that can be done in increments and squozen in here and there--the dictionary doesn't like the word "squozen" but I do, so I'm leaving it in):
2-clean out the flower beds around the house (I don't do well bending over, so this is an increments project)
4-make new 72-hour kits (food portion done 7-13)
5-organize recipes (this is an on-going project and I'm making progress)
6-continue to work on my family history book...and publish it on scribd.com
13-touch-up paint (or repaint) back bathroom
BIGGER PROJECTS (a little more sweat and/or money involved)
16-paint shed
17-paint house (though I really doubt that will happen this year)
20-make fish pond (we already own the pump)
21-make window treatments for family room
22-make new curtains for the dining room
23-refinish cedar chest
GONNA-COST-SOME-MONEY PROJECTS (and maybe some hired help)
26-build greenhouse (we already own the panels, though)
27-new floor for kitchen/dining room and bathroom
28-new carpet for my room (and the rest of the house, but that isn't going to happen this year)
EXTRA PROJECTS
29-make cheese
30-use old jeans to make something (another apron, placemats, quilts...whatever)
Can't wait to see what gets done...anything big involving my husband may not happen as he's working on the farm this summer.
OH YEAH, ONE LAST PROJECT
31-get a boy ready to send off to college
No comments:
Post a Comment